Actually, I think it's the FCC that's responsible for disseminating
accurate information about this, and in this regard they are woefully
lacking. We're watching mandated commercials and crawls now several
times per hour about the changeover, but none of them actually present
much information. Instead they all just point people to other places
for info.

Of course, like you say, what people end up doing is getting all their
education from retailers.