I've got ZA set to "ASK" before allowing Windows Updates to connect, but apparently with the ZA/KB951748 conflict, ZA just defaulted to blocking without bothering to ask. It did inform me that it had been blocked but I didn't know how to unblock it, seeing as it was already set to "ASK".

FYI, Zone Alarm has provided a real down-loadable fix to the ZA/KB951748 conflict, which I've just installed and it works fine.

Richard P

You won't get a prompt unless you have things set to "ask" instead of "block".  If you think
"block" is always correct, make the setting so.  But if there may be time when it's not appropriate, set it
to "ask".  Do some exploring of the settings available in Zone Alarm.  Don't just accept the defaults.  And
in the process you may learn a bit about what is going on by reading the prompts.

The only indication which pointed me in the direction of Zone Alarm were two
warnings from ZA which displayed that it had blocked Windows Update, as well as
Mozilla's Firefox. There was no place in ZA (that I know of), to confirm this
and/or to unblock this move. I never got a prompt which asked me how I wanted
to control the program.