If you were asking this question 5 years ago it might make some sense.
But FF3 stores it's bookmarks right where they belong, and it's got a
great built in organizer.

I suspect that, instead of learning how to use the new organizer,
you're trying your best to operate the same way you did years ago, and
not surprisingly, it's not working.