i just got this answer from a real person at eSnipe:

The problem was that when you updated your bidding password on one of our
servers our system did not update your status on our alternate server.  I have
done this for you now.  eBay has verified your bidding information on both
servers and our system has updated your status to Valid once again.

6 months to finally figure out the problem??  surely i was not the only one
with whatever the problem was.  i was also "validated" with prior corrections.