you may want to back up to something that is 99.9% pure.  that is not a single
HD, and it is not using MS software.

failure rates on hd's are much higher than the 0.000000000000000000000000001%
per year claimed and MS software does not transfer from one os to another.

a lot of fragments of the information i want have been overwritten years ago.
if you do those daily, weekly, monthly backups, that information is gone.