>It is called return on investment and there is an expectation of  a
>percentage of earnings.

Expectation is not an entitlement. There are good profits and bad
profits. See note on "mafia."

>Some companies keep a cash reserve for buy outs and reinvesting in
>the company.  They also buy back stock to increase it's value.

Have you looked up how much MS retained ($100B) and how that compares to
other corporations? It recently had to disgorge $32B to avoid paying an
"excess retained earnings" penalty.

>Public Service Commissions (they are called different things in
>different states)  set what they feel is a proper return on
>investments and only allow Public Utilities

Is MS now also a "public utility?" I missed that one. I guess that makes
them entitled.