Now we're ramping up the hyperbole?

 It's *Apple* that has maintained a proprietary OS these many years,
requiring a dongle to run (a computer). You can install any version of
Windows on 1000's of pieces of hardware and things will (mostly) work.

At least Bill is getting out of the way and retiring to TV stardom:
http://tinyurl.com/6d6rnm