> MySQL replication:
> http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/replication.html

Thanks for that.  (Just for completeness if anyone searches the archives,
I've found the corresponding postgresql docs.
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Replication,_Clustering,_and_Connection_Pooling
and I'm trying to see if the complexity is worth it for my small databases.)

> NAS replication:
> Plus, check the documentation for any particular NAS product, whether
> commercial or open source.

I've been doing RO replication with AFS for many years, but I'm not
sold on the NAS or SAN replication just yet because I can't get true
RW at both copies at the same time.  On the other hand, I can get RO
replication at a much lower cost and promote RO -> RW by hand if needed.

BTW, don't you have RAID in the back-end in the SANs and NASes?