On the heels of the second Gates and Seinfeld ad comes
the news that Seinfeld is being dumped.  Here is a cynical
take on the matter from The Register

<http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/18/seinfeld_campaign_over/http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/09/18/seinfeld_campaign_over/ >

      Microsoft dumps hilarious comedy duo
Microsoft has ditched its Jerry Seinfeld-fronted advertising

campaign, after everyone thought it was crap.

According to Redmond's spinners, dropping the awkward,

unfunny, boring ads now "was always the plan", Valleywag

reports. A statement yesterday said: "We will be executing the

second phase of our advertising campaign tomorrow, as planned

from the start."

Etc.

My own take is that I think that the Gates and Seinfeld
"advertising campaign about Nothing" was hugely
successful.  I am sure that marketing surveys would
show that approval ratings of Nothing have gone up
tremendously as a result of the campaign, and that in
fact some people now like Nothing better than Vista.