At 01:23 PM 9/22/2008, you wrote:
Date:    Mon, 22 Sep 2008 10:07:58 -0400
From:    Tom Piwowar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Well thank you for proving my point, though I don't appreciate the
crudity and am not quoting that part of your post. When you have to
resort to crudity it is a good sign that your case is not a good one. You
are only trying to squelch discussion.

An organization that has to depend on second-hand donations and vendor
give aways is clearly not operating in a free market. Just like someone
sleeping on a park bench on a cold Winter night is not exercising a free
market preference for cold and hard beds.

I guess that you proved my point by your response. I guess you never have had to deal with Non-Profit's that serve the Handicapped. Where each dollar is scarce. Most well run non-profit's can't afford paying full price for PC's/Mac's so they deal with what they can get reasonably.

It also makes it much easier to hire IT support people as the ratio is probably 1000:1 of PC-MAC in the local hiring market. Check out Craig's list or the classified. Also many NP's just throw away machines as they crap out beyond repair.

Many non-profits depend on second hand donations for a lot of their office equipment and computers.

Maybe you could price out 100 Mac's and software for the NP that I volunteer for.

Your suggestion that I am trying to squelch discussion does not hold water because everyone on this list knows in the bottom of their heart that you are always correct and everyone else (except a few) are 1000% wrong.

Or maybe the list should be changed to the TP discussion list. Joining and posting will guarantee you a response that should shake your confidence in all the decisions that you have ever made.

Rich

PS: your response was a bit elitist.