To be fair, you are overlooking:

1.) Nuclear
2.) Wind
3.) Solar*

and with regard to transmission loss, don't forget that home solar
power generators are already becoming practical, it wouldn't surprise
me to see them in widespread use within 10 years.

*see
http://www.abengoasolar.com/sites/solar/es/nuestros_proyectos/plataforma_solucar/index.html
for an example of what is currently possible with Solar power
generation on a large scale.