Never said RAID was best, just that it has it's place.  Tom's argument
previously was that because of HD's high MTBF RAID was useless, this new
article that came up said RAID was useless because of low MTBF.  He seemed
to agree with both sides because of his conclusion that IT companies use it
to overcharge their clients.  JBOD's have their place, RAID has it's
place...entire mirrored systems have their place.  I'm not an idealogue,
I'll use whatever works best and is priced best for the need.

Mike

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 5:47 PM, John DeCarlo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 8:37 PM, mike <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Not really cause it won't make any difference in your opinion of RAID.  Z
> >

> Well, the more evidence people post on here that RAID is less and less
> useful, riskier and riskier, the more you hew to your "RAID is best"
> approach.
>
> Perhaps you just need to stop reading the mounting evidence, since it won't
> change your opinion.
>

> --
> John DeCarlo, My Views Are My Own

Make sure you support your local CarbonONset programs!