you want their coax everywhere.

i was surprised when FIOS came in and said that the cable in the house was the
same as their cable, and did not recable the house.  i presume they would have
recabled if i requested.

FIOS dug a new trench from about 2-300 feet west to someplace to the far east
to install my new FIOS.  a lot of it was hand dug.  the comcast box and cable
was on the far side of the street.  fios came down the public right of way
section of my yard and put in new cable.  the cable was double(2 cables) and
bright orange.

when i had 768 at the factory and 3mb at home, i could seldom tell the
difference.  only in downloading a long file from a really good server.