chad evans wyatt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> escribió:

Salient point.  While traveling in Central Europe, signal seldom dips
below full reception.  Little surprise:  all providers use the same
robust gsm network, instead of erecting their own dedicated towers.
Phones here will get better and better, but with the chaos of
separate networks, we will plateau at a primitive stage of telecom.
As with the cramped and overpriced internet speed available here,
this, too is a tax on our economic well-being, as pointed out by many
of you.

Two questions:

1- Who owns the gsm towers in Europe?

2- Are broadband networks also owned by the commons?

2.5 - Think broadband and mobile providers will ever cooperate and give us better speeds/service at a reasonable price [charges now are NOT reasonable]?

Even in the poorest less populated regions in Europe--Greece, Portugal--the networks and reception are excellent, and yes, even in the mountains, far from towns. We were here, http://catharcastles.info/120716_peyrepertuse.htm, and my phone had all bars, but not at my house in Maryland.