I can't give you exact details, I only have to go on what he tells me.  He
typically works with multi-hundred MB graphic files that open and save much
more quickly, as well as conversion work, such as saving one of these files
to a different file format or a pdf, takes less time.  He's shown me
examples of work he does in Photoshop and Quark that he claims is much
faster than it was before.

He's a Mac guy at home, but he loves his XP workstation.