From: Jeff Wright [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, November 18, 2008 11:02 AM
Subject: Re: yes or no to mcafee

I just got comcast internet snail plan (768up) which is ok for me having had dialup (56k but really around 23-28k at best) for years...comcast offers MacAfee suite which installs easily ...but the cost in speed and footprint on the resources is very high which makes my pIV2-1gb-winXPhomeSP3 machine run notably slower with many "hourglass" times and very slow boot ...I took off MacAfee and put back Avast and ZoneAlarm free and it's back to normal ... my net is behind a router ...is this all I need?

Mcafee? *NO*  Dear god, no.

AVG is much better and free.  Not running as admin is the better solution.