>I understand tat a university legal professor has taken on the RIAA >in defending a student at a nationally known us university. His >premise is that the RIAA is being given permission by the us congress >to do law enforcement work.

It will be interesting to see if America can return to first principles by rewinding the Patriot Act, DMCA, and the many other abuses of our fundamental rights. Network Neutrality will probably be the next big fight.

Net Neutrality Vets Join Obama FCC Transition Team

"The Obama-Biden transition team on Friday named two long-time net neutrality advocates to head up its Federal Communications Commission Review team. Susan Crawford, a professor at the University of Michigan Law School, member of the board of directors of ICANN, and OneWebDay founder, as well as Kevin Werbach, former FCC staffer, organizer of the annual Supernova technology conference, and a Wharton professor, will lead the Obama-Biden transition team's review of the FCC. 'Both are highly-regarded outside-the-Beltway experts in telecom policy, and they've both been pretty harsh critics of the Bush administration's telecom policies in the past year.' The choice of the duo strongly signals an entirely different approach to the incumbent-friendly telecom policy-making that's characterized most of the past eight-years at the FCC."

Reuters has a related story about Senator Byron Dorgan (D-ND), who plans to introduce net neutrality legislation <http://www.reuters.com/article/technologyNews/idUSTRE4AC7SU20081114> in January.

http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/11/15/0343205&from=rss