> Then there is also the matter of the class action suit against MS over
> the "Vista Ready" designation. The complaint alleges fraud in that the
> most basic version you mention is hardly Vista.

Yep.  They let the marketing trolls do their thinking for them again and got
sucked in Intel's whining.  Serves 'em right.

If MS is smart, and I do mean if, they will go back to the XP mode of 2
versions:  home and business.  Or even better, one version as with 2000,
this time pre-set configurations for the specific environments.  The modular
approach may do that.