> for once, i agree with tom.  i really like my nokia which does
> little.  if i reviewed a crakbury, iphone or zune, i would say it is
> a horrible unusable piece of crap.
>
> while OT with cell phones, the power connector on my beloved Nokia
> has gone sour.  it is very difficult for me to charge the battery.
> has anyone ever taken an ATT phone in for repair successfully?
>
> of course i have.
>
> i am about 20 months into my contract, so phone is out of warrantee,
> and 4 months from free replacement.

There are millions of old Nokia AT&T/Cingular/T-Mobile GSM phones that can be unlocked, if needed [be sure it's the kind that has a SIM card]. People who can't get it together to recycle them have old phones in the back of their junk drawers in the kitchen or workshop. Or get one cheap or free on Craig's list or Freecycle.org. I got my 3220 at a Yahoo auction, 1100 at 7-11, 3595 from my son. Or go to a 7-eleven store where Speakout Nokia PAYGO phones are usually unlocked and work with the AT&T GSM network, otherwise, this works, http://unlock.nokiafree.org/. This is more complicated, http://www.handy-flashpage.tk/, http://www.unlockme.co.uk/,

Want to borrow an old AT&T Nokia 3595? It's almost as tough as a Shure microphone and so easy to use. Don't repair, borrow.

Betty