Try uninstalling AVG, turning on MS firewall, rebooting, and see if that changes things.
That will tell you whether AVG is the source of the problem.

db

Ranbo wrote:
I deleted a few processes which seemed related to AVG (antivirus).  CPU
usage did drop from between 0 and 100% to about 5 to 15% and loading speed
seems a little faster.  Curious, once page loads the loading icon that spins
is still spinning, for a long, long time.  Not sure what this means.  Also,
hope I didn't just inactivate AVG antivirus entirely.

Why can't computers have more self-diagnostics built in?  Is this asking too
much!?  On Thanksgiving.

Randall