>The problem with all these programs is that they don't give you a
>selection list of things to potentially delete -- along with enough
>information to make an informed decision about each item. They don't tell
>you what a particular registry entry says/does.

I think the problem is that the list of problems is usually so darn long.
I skim it and usually make a few adjustments (to more aggressive
settings).

The one I use divides what it finds into about a dozen categories that
make sense (at least to me). That puts me into a certain mind set as a
scan a list of fairly uniform problems.