Would an exaggeration about how much a person weighs or how tall or short a person is be sufficient for prosecution? What the heck would the guidelines be? Lying, in and of itself, is not generally considered to be a crime. People tell lies all the time.

Seems clear to me.

Lying on line *with malicious intent to inflict harm via fraudulent means* with resultant actual harm inflicted is not a thought crime. It is, and a jury agreed, an actual crime.

Yeah, I'm 21 years old, have all my hair, and won the Nobel prize
last week.

Oh yeah, when they were doing the Human Genome Project they
were begging for my toenail clippings.

Now please transfer US $100,000.00 to my offshore bank account.