I use Mozilla thunderbird. If I want to copy the heading information, I select forward the email inline and then I can copy it (except for bcc recipients).

Michael S. Altus wrote:
I am looking for an e-mail client that that a feature like AOL version 7.

As a freelance medical writer-editor, I have individual Word folders for each client. One of the files in these folders is named "Correspondence", in which I routinely keep copies of incoming and outgoing e-mails.

I have used AOL version 7 for several years because I can copy the visible headers (subject; date; from; to) in incoming and outgoing e-mails. That is, when I have an incoming or outgoing e-mail on the screen, I can select (Ctrl+A) and copy (Ctrl+C) the e-mail, including the visible headers, and paste (Ctrl+V) it into a Word file that, as mentioned, is named "Correspondence".
If you are unclear about what I mean, look at the e-mails in the <
www.cguys.org>
archives. These e-mails are formatted in a way that that the visible headers can be copied along with the text.

When AOL version 9 was introduced, I tried it and found that the e-mails were configured differently. The visible headers are in the "background", so to speak. When I would select an entire page (Ctrl-A), I would get only the body of the e-mail, not including the visible headers. For this reason, I downgraded to AOL version 7.

I find that two e-mail clients, Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird, are configured in the same way as AOL version 9. When I select on the body of an e-mail, I get only the body, not the visible headers.

My webhost offers webmail access to the e-mails. I do not care for the format, and I prefer to have an e-mail client on my computer so as to assure that e-mails are downloaded to my computer from the web.

Does anyone know of an e-mail client that formats e-mails to enable copying visible headers along with the text?

Thanks,

Michael

Michael S. Altus, PhD, ELS
Intensive Care Communications, Inc.(R)