Whenever I try to reply to an email on this list using the Verizon
webmail (Verizon  website), it gets rejected and I get the attached
message. If I reply from my computer using Thunderbird (same Verizon
email address) no problem. What gives?

You're using a Mac? You/they have filters turned on? Verizon's web site is written for Windows users? Have you changed encoding? Do you have your address listed correctly? I send Yahoo email through Verizon SMTP servers in Thunderbird, but that doesn't affect Verizon online email.

I use Yahoo.es/.ca and email instead of Verizon. If you want to view your Verizon email online, import it and read it in Yahoo Mail or GMail. They have better filters. Use email that's not tied to your ISP.

Betty