Do a roll back or un-install the last package.

Do not use paid sites for updates. Updates should be available from the manufacturers for free.

Stewart

At 01:19 PM 1/9/2009, you wrote:
My, what a coincidence. This happened after I used a paid for driver update program that gave me the new driver for my SIS 5598/6326. First my desktop went light brown then I corrected this. Now the collors are a little different from the original windows XP and, worse, my IE is moving quite slowly. When I shut doen the computer there is
the "Sysfading canĀ“t close"...

Welll, where do I go from here?...

Many thanks

Marcio