Here's what I got:  Results 1 - 10 of about 1,740,000,000 for downadup.
(0.26 seconds)

http://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-US%3Aoffi
cial&channel=s&hl=en&q=downadup&btnG=Google+Search

PEBCAK.  Now stop annoying Google.

> Infection estimates now at 10,000,0000 and "spreading fast."

I've read about this estimate and this number was derived from looking at
results in the worm's code itself, making this calculation dubious.  I'd
place that number somewhere between WAG and spot-on.

What's odd about the percentages of OS versions in the article I linked to
is how much of it is Windows XP SP2, which turned on the firewall and
auto-updates by default.  That tells me that the users of these machines
received them either very poorly configured or they themselves intentionally
disabled these security components.

Of course, the infection effort fails if you:

A) Don't run as admin, and
B) Don't have a pathetically easy-to-guess admin password, or
C) Patch your system

> Just close your eyes, click you heels together, and recite "Windows is
> double plus good. There is nothing to worry about."

I did that and when I opened my eyes, there was my Windows 7 Beta (and its
betta).  Mmmm, mmmm good.  Looking forward to the RTM version!