>I'm sure that there is a way to defeat this, probably by using a full
>featured pdf editor, but it may be what the author(s) wanted.

Yes, but that would be an illegal violation of the DMCA and we don't do
illegal here. If the document is locked for copying you must bring that
up with the document owner, not circumvent their settings.

If I asked if there is a way to hack TurboTax to give me a large,
undeserved tax refund, would you tell me how?