Album tags have been corrected.   Even though album has the same name, it's
still separating them by artist even when I sort by album.

Don't you want each artist to be named? If not, just make the artist the same as the album for all. Or make a playlist for that compilation.

I'd rather sort by album, then artist, but it's up to you how you want to sort. I usually make up a separate playlist for albums or favorite music. It doesn't matter how it's sorted in the library. The library is the contents of the database. The playlists separate those contents into desired pieces.