Assuming that you are using Audacity for legitimate purposes
(otherwise we shouldn't help you and Tom will yell at us), what
are your issues?  I've only used Audacity a little bit, but I've
tried it on OS X and Linux, and I haven't seen any loss of
functionality on OS X.  The only real issue I have had in my
limited use is in selecting the input source.  Audacity is stuck on
the default in OS X and you have to change the source with the
MIDI setup utility in the Utilities folder.

This workaround and others is on the audacity wiki at
<http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=Mac_Bugs>.
See if your issue is there.

At the risk of incurring wrath by discussing something digital on this foru= m, I have a question:=A0 I've used Audacity to transfer tape recording to d= igital, and the results are quite good.=A0 However, in Mac I don't seem to = have full access to the program's controls.=A0 No complaints whatsoever abo= ut the .aiff files, they hold all the signal on the tapes, but I would like= to have some more opportunity to shape the eventual files.=A0 Any thoughts=
?
=0A=0A=0A