I've stayed out of this thread until now, because over the years I have
learned the utter futility in having political discussions with hardcore
liberals.  It's simply not worth it.  Conservatives sometimes have a
somewhat better grip on reality and can actually have a discussion where it
doesn't immediately devolve into a puddle of histrionics, but not always.

If you are actually interested in learning what libertarians believe, there
are many fine and reliable sources all over the internet.  RTFM.

David Bergland's "Libertarianism in One Lesson" is an excellent primer, but
it isn't free.  Liberals & Libertarians, even though it hasn't been updated
in years, is a good starting place for its FAQs, including one from open
source maven Eric Raymond: http://www.impel.com/liblib/FAQs.html.  Take the
world's smallest political quiz, tho' the site is a bit cluttered:
http://www.theadvocates.org/index.html.  If you find the female form
interesting and need further persuasion to join Team Purple, Libertarian
Hotties is a fun site:  http://libhotties.com/.   I'll, of course, plug
Reason magazine too.  http://www.reason.com.  Plenty of sites out there.

I'm happy to answer any actual factual inquiries about libertarianism, and
I'm sure Matthew is too, but no, I won't be dragged into a pointless,
partisan, bickering, political argument.  If anyone actually wants to learn,
rather than wallow in self-rationalizing ignorance, please do ask questions,
but otherwise, don't bother with a response.