On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 7:39 PM, Tony B <ton...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ah. So a 2% increase in share is a 25% increase in your fantasy world?
> Okay. I can _almost_ accept that twisted math, except if the whole pie
> is 10 instead of 100, then 2 is only 20% of it, not 25%. That 2 is 1/4
> of 8 means nothing, because you cannot define the whole market as
> being 8 percent.

He defined Apples share of the market as 8% of the whole market
increasing to 10% of the whole market which is a 25% increase in
Apples share of the whole market.

Simpler example: Steve and John have ten dollars between them.  John has $1
and Steve has $9.00 in quarters in his pocket for laundry. Steve drops a
quarter  and John picks it up.  John now has $1.25 which is a 25% increase
in his available cash and 12.5% of all the cash.  Steve has 97.2% of what he
had and 88.75% of the cash.

--
John Duncan Yoyo