On Mon, 2 Mar 2009, Tony B wrote:
This sounds complicated to me. As I recall, this Linksys WRT54GS has a
enable/disable DHCP switch. Is there some option somewhere to set
ranges?

Tony,
I have a WRT54G (not S, but it should be similar). On the "Basic
Setup" page, I have "DHCP Server: Enable or Disable", followed by
"Starting IP address", and "Maximum Number of DHCP Users". In
my case, I have DHCP enabled, "starting IP address" of 192.168.1.100,
and "max users" of 50. So, my range of DHCP assigned addresses will
be 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.150. I use addresses below .100 for
static addresses.