A friend has an older HP All-in-one (PSC 2410) physically connected to an older HP workstation by serial port. Machine runs XP Home.

I shared the printer, and attempted to connect to it on a new HP laptop, also running XP Home. The laptop can find the printer, and when we try to install the drivers, the install package scans the laptop and comes up with "Cannot install because your processor is not powerful enough to support this printer. 1.2 Ghz is below the minimum of 500 Mhz."

It's not a networking problem; I have passed files back and forth between the machines with no problem.

Anybody have any ideas, other than going through every driver in the package (a LOT, since there are scanner drivers as well)?

Ellen H.