*Thanks,  read the manual and starter guide and see no mention of what  type
of cable to use.  However when googling male connectors the picture of male
to male is the same as the USB2 cable I'm borrowing (which works).  Picture
really is worth a thousand words.  Had a little bit of terminological/gender
confusion, but now understand what male to male means (no, didn't think it
meant a gay connector :)).  Fred's explanation also clarifies.

Randall
*