>A co-worker, who is Mac-based, keeps getting a "font is corrupt" when
>opening MS Word for Mac.  I had him delete what I thought were the right
>preferences, but no luck.  His Excel hangs on opening, too.  Just delete
>the whole suite & re-install?  tia.

Reinstall won't help.

Hey, this is a message from a Microsoft product about your Mac. Should
you not immediately assume that it is bogus? And you would be correct.

Search you hard drive for a file called "FontCacheTool" and rename it to
"FontCacheTool.off" or something similar.

You will find that Word launches more quickly and won't bug you with
bogus errors.

YMMV