> I thought you guys were joking.
>
> You fanbois are seriously trying to say that the ad is deceptive on
> some
> significant level because the girl may not have physically walked into
> the
> Apple store--which you can't even prove--despite the fact that its
> product
> claims are accurate? You actually believe that the British government
> would
> force MS to stop running this ad for that reason?
>
> Unless you're joking, this is beyond silly; it is pathetic.

It's truly remarkable the level of parsing that the Macarazzi are conducting
in order to try and debunk this one, single commercial.  It looks like the
MS gang finally was able to shoot straight and score a goal, to drag this
much cranky acrimony into the light.  MS's ad group really hit a nerve; it's
very entertaining to watch the fallout.

She didn't walk into the store, she's an actress, she bought a crappy
laptop, you can get a headless Mac Mini for $500, etc, etc.  All dancing
around the ONE pertinent fact:  you can't buy a 17" Mac laptop for under
$1,000.  I'm wondering how much more of "HEY! LOOK OVER THERE!" the Mac camp
can come up with.

FWIW, the "I'm a Mac/I'm a PC" ads are remarkably clever, economical, very
well done and occasionally funny (the one poking fun at UAC is particularly
funny).  They're also incredibly dishonest, but yet we PC weenies seem to
have better things to do than to rage against the Mac machine for its
constant prevarications.  If we did, we'd never have the time to get
anything else done.