Oh Betty...where were your calls for disservice during the i'm a mac/i'm a
pc ads from Apple?  Please.

Get real! Nobody is stupid enough to think that John Hodgman really is a PC and Justin Long really is a Mac! Are they? "Mac" and "PC" are caricatures. Cute and funny, too.

"Lauren" is presented as a "real person" but she's not. She claims, or her character claims to shop at an Apple Store. She doesn't. "Lauren" probably doesn't realize that a 17" notebook is hardly portable either. Our HP notebook is more of a desktop replacement. I wouldn't want to lug it around. OTOH, I take my MacBook to meetings and to friends' places often, but not quite as often since I got the iPod Touch.

If she had been serious about a notebook she would have looked for a really portable one, not a desktop replacement that's too big and bulky to carry around, and too clunky to replace a decent desktop. BTW, ever see how awful the resolution is on that bargain notebook? She can use the cash she saved to pay an optometrist and buy glasses.

Betty

p.s. The MacBook [Pro] notebook is cheaper, because it's at least TWO notebooks. Runs Mac OS and Windows, and Linux, and Unix, all natively on one computer. It will last longer. It will have a longer useful life. It will have a lower total cost of ownership.

----

"The Macintosh may only have 10% of the market, but it is clearly the top 10%."
--Douglas Adams