I understand that, but occasionally I do video taping for conferences with a variety of presenters. I would need a variety of cards to make sure I am always ready to tape when needed.

Also I always buy a Camera with an Audio/Mike in port so I can directly hook into the sounds system.

I could see buying a few 16GB cards to make sure you have enough on hand.

Stewart

At 02:10 PM 4/6/2009, you wrote:
> However notice 1.5 hours on 8 GB card.  Video takes a lot of room, and if
> you are doing a lot of recording have lots of cards available.

What some shooters do is offload during the day. Most any laptop will
hold hundreds of hours of video footage, so you can keep shooting all
day long with 1 or 2 memory cards. The pros have dedicated offload
devices, usually RAIDs (like their SSDs).

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net
Ozark, AL  SL 82