> I don't have Vista, but it sounds like an overly aggressive UAC
> thinking that iTunes is a virus or something. Like Mike said, try
> running as Admin (if you haven't already). Maybe check your UAC
> settings.

No, a DEP (Data Execution Prevention) error indicates that something is
seriously wrong--iTunes is trying to execute data as though it were program
code. It's not related to UAC (or any other kind of permission problem),
it's doing something illegal.

The earlier suggestion of full removal and reinstallation of the current
release is probably the best bet.