With Windows itself, there is an option to select the "classic Windows"
interface, instead of the designed-for interface of the particular version (at
least one can make WinXP look very much like Win2000).  All MS needed to do was
to provide a "classic" interface (everything in its legacy place) option for
the Office 2007 applications, and all would be well.  Too expensive, too much
in a hurry, or too lazy to do that?  But then everything I need to do seems to
be a capability of Office 2000 anyway, so I just use it.

Fred Holmes