Local news station here tested half a dozen shops, before taking the
computer in they remove the ribbon cable from the HD and told the tech that
the computer had just stopped working.  Five shops had problems from under
100 to hundreds of dollars to fix, one shop the owner told her what the
problem was and he couldn't take her money for such a small issue.