Maybe so. When I say I've always done clean installs, it has nothing to do
with cleaning the PC. I usually mean I just buy a new system drive, format
it, and install the new OS on it. Then I restore my personal files and
programs. Takes maybe a day. Many of my programs are on a different drive so
they don't usually have to be reinstalled.

Anyway, you scared me when you implied that one must 'lose' stuff when
upgrading.