At home, I connect my MacBook to the internet through Mac mini internet sharing with no problem except: I cannot connect email (Mail or Thunderbird). It is apparently blocked by the firewall on the mini for if I shut down the firewall, the connection works fine. There must be an adjustment I can make in the firewall settings to allow email through, but what is it (or is there something else)?

Both machines run Mac OS10.4.11 Tiger.

FWIW: On a recent visit with my daughter, I successfully connected to and through her Windows et al home wireless system with no changes in MacBook settings.

Thanks

###
Bernie