A friend recently posed the following question. Since I know nothing about this subject, I'm hoping for an answer from some of our forum "geeks" and "guru's." - TIA!

Question: Blank (writeable) CDs can be purchased either as DATA, AUDIO or (plain Jane) recordables. I'm in the process of transcribing my vinyl record collection onto CDs, and I discovered that one set of the blank CDs that I purchased is labeled "DATA".

So the question is 'What happens if I write an audio content to these purported "data" CDs ?"

Mical Wimoth Carton
chrper...@aol.com