I may have mixed up my colors, but the urban areas (high density population/cities) voted overwhelmingly democratic while the less dense areas (rural/suburban) areas voted overwhelmingly republican.

The map I saw showed about 80% of the land mass voted republican and 20% voted democratic.

But that is in keeping with past voting trends that have shown this before.

I read an article in Newsweek last Summer before the democratic convention that examined how Obama beat out Hillary for the nomination and it said his political team concentrated their efforts on the high density vote rich areas to win the delegate count.

Same with the general election. Some states (Alabama is one) was not a battleground state and Obama visited it sporadically. (We do not have a high number of electoral votes and the vote pattern showed high republican leanings.)

(I did mix it up I just looked red is republican and blue democratic)

Stewart

At 06:58 PM 5/18/2009, you wrote:
> If you look at a Blue/Red map of the last election the red is
> concentrated in urban areas with a high density of population and the
> blue is in most of the rest of the area.

Rev, are you sure about that? You're saying that urban areas voted
Republican and rural areas voted Democratic? I'll admit to not having looked
at the election maps that way, but that doesn't sound right.

Rev. Stewart A. Marshall
mailto:popoz...@earthlink.net
Ozark, AL  SL 82