The OP did not state whether the monitor was an LCD or a CRT. If a CRT, even
if the power indicator light had failed, you might hear the power surge to
start the tube. I had a really good LCD monitor fail because of the stupid,
cheap power switch. I assume it is an older monitor that just might have
given up the ghost just because you moved it.

YMMV
---
This scotch tastes incredibly expensive . . . I can practically feel my bank
account being emptied with every subsequent dram . . . note the rich
character . . . he is now a poor character. . .

Subject: Re: monitor suddenly won't work in new computer