I still have neither 7 or 9 and I'm inside the Beltway.

Ellen H.

----- Original Message ----- From: "phartz...@gmail.com" <phartz...@gmail.com>
To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Friday, June 19, 2009 12:23 AM
Subject: Re: [CGUYS] I Got 9

On Thu, Jun 18, 2009 at 11:03 PM, t.piwowar<t...@tjpa.com> wrote:

Finally today. Signal strength is between 85 and 90, which is plenty good
enough, but not the 100 I get with most other stations. Hooray!

 The problem with digital OTA transmissions has been well exhibited
by our local governments.  They have pretty much all switched to
digital modes of radio comms from analog, and have suffered a series
of well publicized problems as a result.  OTA TV viewers are now
experiencing many of the same issues.

 OTA digital is quite prone to all sorts of interference problems.
When OTA DTV works well it is good, but when it doesn't work well, it
is very bad.  Would you rather have a highly reliable, albeit lower
resolution television service, or a higher resolution unreliable one?
Think about that in computer terms.  Which you you rather have in a
computer?  One that is somewhat slower but very reliable, or a faster
one that craps out routinely?

 Steve