The internet came from Arpanet, with university students and professors
conversing.  Links are much like footnotes.  We still use them, partly
because nobody can see our faces; we are communicating with strangers
(much like a research environment), so it can be important (or merely
convenient) to be able to check the other's facts.

Thank you,

Mark Snyder
-----Original Message-----From: Computer Guys Discussion List