Tony B wrote:
Ho hum. With all the _real_ stuff we have to worry about on a daily
basis, WTF should I care if some yahoo drives around and picks up my
passport RFID?
Cause he could be trying to steal your credit identity etc...

Or maybe 'cause if you have enough things with RFID tags on you, you make a guaranteed high yield target for mugging. Why both risking a crime over someone who only has $30 in his wallet?

db

Really, on a 10-scale, with 10 being a great real-world danger such as
driving to work in traffic, and 5 being household accidents, I'd have
to place RFID passports down around a 1 or less.

If you travel a lot in countries where Americans may be targeted, then
perhaps the scale would change. But I'm no fool - I simply avoid going
to places like that!