Set your default keyboard to "US-International" and you can have âll Thé symböls yöu wãnt.

----- Original Message ----- From: "rleesimon" <rleesi...@gmail.com>
To: <COMPUTERGUYS-L@LISTSERV.AOL.COM>
Sent: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 2:06 PM
Subject: [CGUYS] foreign

I have occasion to use foreign characters frequently (French). Character map is one horrible hassle (& incomplete, doesn’t have the Euro symbol € at all)-winXPhomeSP3. My keyboard does not have a “compose key” and multi keystroke combinations in the office2007 instructions online do not seem to work (i.e. ctrl+ ` followed by the desired <example “e”> character is sposta give you the combo <example `è> but doesn’t). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compose_key#cite_note-0 speaks of AltGr combo but I can’t figure that out. My keyboard is an IBM SpaceSaverII without keypad so ansi codes are a hassle. An on-screen popup would be cool to have (like in PocketPCs where you can use handwriting recognition and pop the keyboard for funny stuff the thing doesn’t read).

Suggestions?